I made this last night in a hurry with some leftover frozen chicken as a surprise treat for Sunny. As I don’t eat chicken I have no way of saying how it tasted, but the aroma was good and Sunny was spotted licking his fingers. So there!
1. Slice thinly 1 small shallot and finely chop 5 medium garlic cloves.
2. Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in a wok/skillet.
3. Add 1 split green chilli and the sliced shallot and stir fry till the shallot turns golden.
4. Add the garlic and fry until fragrant – about a minute or so.
5. Add 1/8th teaspoon red chilli powder and fry for a minute.
6. Add 200 gms. Chicken pieces and stir fry on high for 5 mins.
7. Add salt to taste, mix, cover and simmer on low till the chicken is cooked through – about 20 mins.
8. Add 1 teaspoon tomato ketchup, 1 teaspoon chilli sauce and 1 tablespoon soy sauce and mix thoroughly.
9. Increase the heat to medium high, and cover and simmer the chicken for another 5 mins.
10. Remove from heat and serve hot with roti, rice or noodles.
(You can add water and simmer and reduce the gravy to the desired consistency).