Refined flour(maida/APF)- 2 cups
Sugar- 1-1/2 cups
Milk- 1 cup
Amul butter- 125 gms.
Baking powder- 2 level tsp.
Vanilla essence- 1 tsp.
Raisins- 1/2 cup (optional)
1. Make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature.
2. Sift/mix the flour and baking powder together. Add in the raisins.
3. Cream the butter and sugar together in a mixer.
4. Break the eggs in a clean dry bowl and whip with a fork till frothy (about 5mins.)
5. Add the eggs into the mixer with the sugar-butter mixture. Add in the vanilla and whip at medium speed till smooth and well-blended.
6.Transfer to a large bowl and mix in the flour, alternating with the milk, in 3 additions. Take care to move the mixing spoon/spatula in a single direction to incorporate air properly. No need to beat too vigorously. Just mix till everything is smoothly combined.
7. Pour into a greased cake pan and bake for 25 mins. in an oven pre-heated to 375 degrees.
8. Cool and serve as desired, with or without icing, or topped with ice-cream and fresh fruit.