Made it for the third time last night, and HAVE to record it here - its SO simple and good!
Dried Pasta (any long shape- I prefer fusili)- 250 gms.
Fresh Spinach - 200-250 gms., cleaned and washed
Garlic - 3 large cloves, minced finely
Red pepper flakes - 1 tsp. or to taste
Cheese (preferably Parmesan) - 150 gms. grated + more to garnish
Half a lemon
Eggs - 2, hard boiled
Olive oil - 2 tbsp.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 1 tbsp. (optional)
Dash of oregano/parsley/basil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper - to taste
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add 3/4 tbsp salt, 1 tbsp oil and the pasta and cook until al dente (9 mins for the brand I use).
2. Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 tbsp. oil in a large skillet/wok and saute the garlic and pepper flakes over medium-low heat until golden and fragrant.
3. Shake off any water clinging to the spinach leaves, break them into bits by hand and add them to the skillet.
4. Increase the heat to high and saute the leaves until just wilted. Add in the herbs, salt and the cheese and mix.
5. Lower the heat and add the drained pasta. Toss well to combine. If it seems too dry then add a bit of the pasta-cooking water, though I've found that the water released from the spinach is quite enough.
6. Turn off the heat and let cool a bit. Squeeze the lemon juice in, add in the extra-virgin olive and toss again to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
7. Ladle into plates and top with a chopped egg over each plate, some parmesan shavings and freshly ground black pepper.
8. Serve and enjoy! I've found it tastes best at room temperature, rather than hot.